Ph. D. Students
Ye, Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Mississippi State
Thesis: Some Examples of Quantum Phase Transitions
Professor, Department of Physics, Massachusetts Institute of
Thesis: Quantum Phase Transitions in Random Spin Systems
Kedar Damle, Professor, Department of Theoretical Physics, Tata
Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, India.
Thesis: Turning on the
Heat: Non-zero Temperature Dynamical Properties of Quantum Many-body Systems
Chiranjeeb Buragohain, Architect, Oracle.
Properties of Quantum Antiferromagnets in One and Two Dimensions
Ying Zhang, Finisterre Capital, London.
Thesis: Competing Orders in the Cuprate Superconductors
Professor of Physics, Boston University.
Thesis: Manifestation of Quantum Fluctuations in Strongly Correlated Systems
- Stephen Powell, Assistant Professor, University of Nottingham
Thesis: Quantum phases and transitions of many-body systems realized using cold atomic gases
- Adrian Del Maestro, Professor, University of Tennessee
Thesis: The superconductor-metal quantum phase transition in ultra-narrow wires
- Emily Dunkel (with David Coker, Boston University), NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Thesis: Quantum Phenomena in Condensed Phase Systems
- Yang Qi, Researcher, Department of Physics, Fudan University, Shanghai
Thesis: Spin and Charge Fluctuations in Strongly Correlated Systems.
- Rudro Rana Biswas, Assistant Professor, Purdue University
Thesis: Explorations in Dirac Fermions and Spin Liquids.
- Eun Gook Moon, Associate Professor, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
Thesis: Superfluidity in Strongly Correlated Systems
- Max Metlitski, Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Thesis: Aspects of Critical Behavior of Two Dimensional Electron Systems
- Yejin Huh, Applied Scientist at Apple
Thesis: Quantum Phase Transitions in d-wave Superconductors and Antiferromagnetic Kagome Lattices
- Susanne Pielawa, Software Engineer, Lyft, Munich
Thesis: Metastable Phases and Dynamics of Low-Dimensional Strongly-Correlated Atomic Quantum Gases
- Debanjan Chowdhury, Assistant Professor, Cornell University
Thesis: Interplay of Broken Symmetries and Quantum Criticality in Correlated Electronic Systems
- Junhyun Lee, Postdoctoral fellow, University of Maryland
Thesis: Novel quantum phase transitions in low-dimensional systems
- Andrew Lucas, Assistant Professor, University of Colorado
Thesis: Transport and hydrodynamics in holography, strange metals and graphene
- Shubhayu Chatterjee, Assistant Professor, Carnegie Mellon University
Thesis: Transport and symmetry breaking in strongly correlated systems with topological order
- Wenbo Fu, Data Scientist, Med Data Quest, Cambridge MA
Thesis: The Sachdev-Ye-Kitaev model and matter without quasiparticles
- Seth Whitsitt, Assistant Research Scientist, University of Maryland
Thesis: Universal non-local observables at interacting quantum critical points
- Alex Thomson, Assistant Professor, University of California, Davis
Thesis: Emergent gapless fermions in strongly-correlated phases of matter and quantum critical points
- Aavishkar Patel, Center for Computational Quantum Physics, Flatiron Institute
Thesis: Transport, criticality, and chaos in fermionic quantum matter at nonzero density
- Julia Steinberg, Princeton University
Thesis: Universal Aspects of Quantum-Critical Dynamics In and Out of Equilibrium
- Rhine Samajdar, Princeton University
Thesis: Topological and symmetry-breaking phases of strongly correlated systems: From quantum materials to ultracold atoms
- Haoyu Guo, Harvard University
- Henry Shackleton, Harvard University
- Chenyuan Li, Harvard University
- Yanting Teng, Harvard University
- Maine Christos, Harvard University
- Maria Tikhanovskaya, Harvard University
- Alexander Nikolaenko, Harvard University
Pierre Le Doussal, Directeur de Recherche de Classe Exceptionnelle, Laboratoire de Physique Théorique de l' Ecole Normale Supérieure,
Jalabert, Professeur à l'Université Louis Pasteur, Institut
de Physique et Chimie des Matériaux de Strasbourg, France.
William I. and Bianca M. Fine Chair in Theoretical Physics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.
Satya Majumdar, Directeur de Recherche, Laboratoire de Physique Théorique et Modèles Statistiques, University of
Paris XI, France.
Vojta, Chair of Theoretical Solid State Physics, Technische Universität, Dresden, Germany
Oleg Starykh, Professor,
Department of Physics, University of Utah.
Marcus Kollar, Theoretische Physik III,
Institut für Physik, Universität Augsburg, Germany.
Kwon Park, Professor, Korea
Institute for Advanced Study, Seoul.
Takao Morinari, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan.
Adam Durst, Professor,
- Krishnendu Sengupta, Senior Professor,
Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, India.
Assistant Professor, University of Frankfurt.
Predrag Nikolic, Associate Professor, George Mason University
Ribhu Kaul, Professor, Penn State University
Markus Müller, Senior Scientist, Paul Scherrer Institute, Switzerland.
- Lars Fritz, Associate Professor, University of Utrecht
- Michael Levin, Professor, University of Chicago
- Cenke Xu, Professor, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Sean Hartnoll, Professorship of Mathematical Physics (1967),
University of Cambridge
- Erez Berg, Faculty, Department of Condensed Matter Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
- Liang Fu, Professor of Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Liza Huijse, Co-founder and Head of Data Analytics at Base5 Genomics
- Chris Laumann, Associate Professor, Boston University
- Matthias Punk, Professor, Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich
- Philipp Strack, Department Head Strategic Business Development at ASML
- Brian Swingle, Associate Professor, Brandeis University
- Dmitry Abanin, Professor of Physics, University of Geneva
- Ling-Yan (Janet) Hung, Professor, Yau Mathematical Sciences Center, Tsinghua University, Beijing
- Jay Sau, Associate Professor, University of Maryland
- Sarang Gopalakrishnan, Assistant Professor, Princeton University
- Andrea Allais, Cruise Automation, San Francisco
- Johannes Bauer, Data Scientist, IHS Markit, London
- Paul Chesler, Senior Data Analyst, MindMics, Cambridge MA
- Andreas Eberlein, Harvard University
- William Witczak-Krempa, Assistant Professor, University of Montreal
- Richard Davison, Assistant Professor, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh
- Chong Wang, Faculty, Perimeter Institute
- Mathias Scheurer, Assistant Professor, Institute for Theoretical Physics at University of Innsbruck.
- Yingfei Gu, Institute for Advanced Study at Tsinghua University
- Grigory Tarnopolsky, Assistant Professor, Carnegie Mellon University
- Harley Scammell, Senior Lecturer, University of Technology, Sydney
- Darshan Joshi, Assistant Professor, Tata Institute for Fundamental Research, Hyderabad
- Alex Kruchkov, University of Geneva
- Ya-Hui Zhang, Assistant Professor, Johns Hopkins University
- Daniel Parker, Harvard University.
- Zhi-Xi Luo, Harvard University.
- Pavel Volkov, Harvard University