Ph. D. Students
Ye, Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Mississippi State
Thesis: Some Examples of Quantum Phase Transitions
Professor, Department of Physics, Massachusetts Institute of
Thesis: Quantum Phase Transitions in Random Spin Systems
Kedar Damle, Department of Theoretical Physics, Tata
Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, India.
Thesis: Turning on the
Heat: Non-zero Temperature Dynamical Properties of Quantum Many-body Systems
Chiranjeeb Buragohain, Principal Development Manager, AI Core Infrastructure, Microsoft.
Properties of Quantum Antiferromagnets in One and Two Dimensions
Ying Zhang, Finisterre Capital, London.
Thesis: Competing Orders in the Cuprate Superconductors
Associate Professor, Boston University.
Thesis: Manifestation of Quantum Fluctuations in Strongly Correlated Systems
- Stephen Powell, Assistant Professor, University of Nottingham
Thesis: Quantum phases and transitions of many-body systems realized using cold atomic gases
- Adrian Del Maestro, Associate Professor, University of
Thesis: The superconductor-metal quantum phase transition in ultra-narrow wires
- Emily Dunkel (with David Coker, Boston University), NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Thesis: Quantum Phenomena in Condensed Phase Systems
- Yang Qi, Researcher, Department of Physics, Fudan University, Shanghai
Thesis: Spin and Charge Fluctuations in Strongly Correlated Systems.
- Rudro Rana Biswas, Assistant Professor, Purdue University
Thesis: Explorations in Dirac Fermions and Spin Liquids.
- Eun Gook Moon, Assistant Professor, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
Thesis: Superfluidity in Strongly Correlated Systems
- Max Metlitski, Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Thesis: Aspects of Critical Behavior of Two Dimensional Electron Systems
- Yejin Huh, Applied Scientist at Apple
Thesis: Quantum Phase Transitions in d-wave Superconductors and Antiferromagnetic Kagome Lattices
- Susanne Pielawa, Lyft, Munich
Thesis: Metastable Phases and Dynamics of Low-Dimensional Strongly-Correlated Atomic Quantum Gases
- Debanjan Chowdhury, Moore Foundation Postdoctoral Fellow, MIT
Thesis: Interplay of Broken Symmetries and Quantum Criticality in Correlated Electronic Systems
- Junhyun Lee, Postdoctoral fellow, University of Maryland
Thesis: Novel quantum phase transitions in low-dimensional systems
- Andrew Lucas, Postdoctoral fellow, Stanford University
Thesis: Transport and hydrodynamics in holography, strange metals and graphene
- Shubhayu Chatterjee, Postdoctoral fellow, University of California, Berkeley
Thesis: Transport and symmetry breaking in strongly correlated systems with topological order
- Wenbo Fu, Postdoctoral fellow, University of California, San Diego
Thesis: The Sachdev-Ye-Kitaev model and matter without quasiparticles
- Seth Whitsitt, NRC Postdoctoral Fellow, Joint Quantum Institute, University of Maryland
Thesis: Universal non-local observables at interacting quantum critical points
- Alex Thomson, Sherman Fairchild Postdoctoral Scholar in Theoretical Physics, Caltech
Thesis: Emergent gapless fermions in strongly-correlated phases of matter and quantum critical points
- Aavishkar Patel, Harvard University
Thesis: Transport, criticality, and chaos in fermionic quantum matter at nonzero density
- Julia Steinberg, Harvard University
- Rhine Samajdar, Harvard University
Pierre Le Doussal, Directeur de Recherche de Classe Exceptionnelle, Laboratoire de Physique Théorique de l' Ecole Normale Supérieure,
Jalabert, Professeur à l'Université Louis Pasteur, Institut
de Physique et Chimie des Matériaux de Strasbourg, France.
William I. and Bianca M. Fine Chair in Theoretical Physics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.
Satya Majumdar, Directeur de Recherche, Laboratoire de Physique Théorique et Modèles Statistiques, University of
Paris XI, France.
Vojta, Chair of Theoretical Solid State Physics, Technische Universität, Dresden, Germany
Oleg Starykh, Professor,
Department of Physics, University of Utah.
Marcus Kollar, Theoretische Physik III,
Institut für Physik, Universität Augsburg, Germany.
Kwon Park, Professor, Korea
Institute for Advanced Study, Seoul.
Takao Morinari, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan.
Adam Durst, Associate Professor,
- Krishnendu Sengupta, School Chair and Senior Professor,
Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, India.
Assistant Professor, University of Frankfurt.
Predrag Nikolic, Associate Professor, George Mason University
Ribhu Kaul, Associate Professor, University of Kentucky
Markus Müller, Scientist, Paul Scherrer Institute, Switzerland.
- Lars Fritz, Assistant Professor, University of Utrecht
- Michael Levin, Associate Professor, University of Chicago
- Cenke Xu, Professor, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Sean Hartnoll,
Associate Professor, Stanford University
- Erez Berg, Faculty, Department of Condensed Matter Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
- Liang Fu, Lawrence C. (1944) and Sarah W. Biedenharn Career Development Associate Professor of Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Liza Huijse, Software Engineer at Karius, Inc.
- Chris Laumann, Assistant Professor, Boston University
- Matthias Punk, Faculty, LMU Munich
- Philipp Strack, ZEISS Group
- Brian Swingle, Assistant Professor, University of Maryland
- Dmitry Abanin, Professor of Physics, University of Geneva
- Ling-Yan (Janet) Hung, Professor of Physics, Fudan University, Shanghai
- Jay Sau, Assistant Professor, University of Maryland
- Sarang Gopalakrishnan, Assistant Professor, City University of New York
- Andrea Allais, Cruise Automation, San Francisco
- Johannes Bauer, SCL Group, London
- Paul Chesler, Harvard University
- Andreas Eberlein, Harvard University
- William Witczak-Krempa, Assistant Professor, University of Montreal
- Richard Davison, DAMTP, University of Cambridge
- Chong Wang, Perimeter Institute
- Mathias Scheurer, Harvard University.
- Yingfei Gu, Harvard University
- Grigory Tarnopolsky, Harvard University